Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Diagnosed

About 2 months ago I found myself realizing that I was about to have my first real summer in almost 4 years. Most of my college summer life had been devoted to long training days, paper work and meetings during the latter years and hurried vacations that were spent sending reports nonetheless and finding a computer shop in the middle of nowhere so that i won't miss a deadline. It's no surprise that I was always know to be MIA during family get-togethers. Then, i graduated.
  
 (The best thesis girls group ever! Steph, Monika, Me, Zarness and Laura)

... and that made all the difference. Suddenly I had all the free time in the world, looking for places to go, catching up with people i haven't seen, and being more present at home than ever. Although the pressures of being part of the "unemployed" community were there, I kept telling myself that there's no other time in my life when I could be as free as this. And so I relished it so much, to the point that I realized I was going in no real direction. I didn't know what I wanted to do once summer was over and the time to really work will begin, and I started to question if my free time was spent productively at all. 

And at just the right timing, an invitation to a summer retreat camp fell into my hands and I knew right away that it was exactly what I needed.
    












Pictures from L-R: (taken by Laura)
1-Diagnose Retreat poster
2- "Lacoste ad" fun shots during breaktime                                  
3- Gino & Street sharing their talents during the Dance Elective
4- Playing "Wanders" on the swing after a muddy afternoon in Football Elective
5- Warm bonfire at night
6- My lovely D-group with leader Laura and the pinkies
7- Relishing the last of our prayer sessions

I went to camp praying that in the end I'd know EXACTLY what I want to do with my life and be so ready with my plans. In the end, I didn't get it. But just like the amazing person that He is, He made me realize that it won't take a 5-day retreat to have all my plans laid out in front of me. Instead, it involves me making the most out of the 2 months I have left being productive in lots of different ways - being more prayerful about what I really want to do, explore and widen my job options, find ways to serve others, catch up with people I lost touch with, and be more present in my family. Sooner or later everything will fall into place. 
   "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

And so in the mean time I'm being patient, and at the same time enjoying every single minute of it. Looking forward to the most exciting adventures in my life here on out! :D
  






No comments:

Post a Comment