Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Doing a little extra for the Earth!

How'd you spend Earth Day 2009? 


(In true fashion blog fashion... Left: My Favorite t-shirt. Right: Dress: Made out of my grandma's old skirt, Bag: Vintage, Necklace: SM)

Exploring the city has been a real treat for us since we aren't heading for the beach till a few more days. We chanced upon the Earth Day celebrations here and I was really happy to see a lot of people attend and realize how important it is to do our own little parts to save the earth! There were lots of things to do around the bay area, such as watch the city's PEP Squad perform (I have a weakness for watching all kinds of dance performances), rent a bike and go from end to end like what my brother and I did (and unfortunately at the same time endure the stench that flows from the sea right beside you... think Manila Bay air!), and buy all kinds of little knick-knacks like glowsticks, toy balloons, etc. 

(My mom just happened to be wearing her Earth Hour t-shirt tonight too! Did you participate last time?)

Here's something I picked up from the Earth Day Network (www.earthday.net) -->

What can I do for Earth Day?

Since the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970, Earth Day has been an annual event for people around the world to celebrate the earth and renew our commitment to building a safer, healthier and cleaner world for all of us. There are many ways you can get involved. Volunteer. Go to a festival. Install solar panels on your roof. Organize an event where you live. Change a habit. Help launch a community garden. Communicate your priorities to your elected representatives. The possibilities are endless! Do something nice for the earth, have fun, meet new people, and make a difference.

So yay! :D That's one more step to save the Earth! I hope to be able to do lots more things in the next days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment